What we do

The  Palliative Care Unit "Jenny Karezi "  of the School of Medicine, University of Athens, offers free of charge total and specialized palliative care to chronic patients (cancer and non). The Palliative Care Unit "Jenny Karezi” opened in 1992 and it is an annex of Aretaieio Hospital. To date we have provided palliative care services to more than 9050 patients in more than 62000 visits in our premises. The majority of patients treated, approximately 75% of them, had been diagnosed with cancer, while the remaining 25% includes patients with chronic diseases.

The Unit is staffed by qualified personnel. The major concern of the multidisciplinary team (doctors, nurses, psychologists) of our Unit is specialised and continuous care of patients and their families. Control of pain and other physical symptoms, along with offering support to any of psychological, social and spiritual problems are a priority for us, as we aim to achieve the best possible quality of life for patients and their families.

Scientific Director of the Palliative Care Unit "Jenny Karezi "  is Kyriaki Mystakidou, Professor of Palliative Care in the Medical School of the University of Athens.

Κορινθίας 27 Αμπελόκηποι, 11526 Αθήνα. 210 7707669, fax 210 7776617, @:monadaanakoufisis@jkf.gr